Want the flyer to print out and put near your collection box? click here
2010: 133,001 meals
(60% Growth in four years!)
2014 Goal is to Raise 225,000 Meals
Our Annual Food Drive goes from June 1 - end of August. (while we collect food year-round, the summer is when Second Harvest needs us the most!)
Each summer hundreds of children across the Triad who normally get free lunch at school have nothing to eat. Because of this, and a seasonal drop in donations in the summer, Second Harvest is stretched very, very thin. For the 11th consecutive year PTAA will conduct our annual food drive for Second Harvest during this challenging time of year and we need your participation!
DONATE ONLINE! Click here
Donate Now - Secure Online Fundraising
How can you participate?
- Purchase tickets from PTAA for one (or both) of the baseball games! It's PTAA night at the ballparks, Fill the Stands with Cans! July 17th we’ll be at the Winston-Salem Dash game, July 18th at the Greensboro Grasshoppers game.You can purchase tickets for your staff for a fun association night at the ball park! Tickets for either game are $35/each, includes party deck, food and beverage. All proceeds will be donated to Second Harvest.
- Place a collection box in your clubhouse! To sign up to be a drop off location, just call 294-4428 and a Food Drive volunteer will deliver a collection box. We will also provide you with a poster (size 8 ½ x 11 of the attached visual so that you can place on the box or in your clubhouse. (You can also print your own version here.)
- Conduct a friendly food drive competition to get residents to donate. Free gift cards, reduced rent for a month, waive the application fee for prospects that bring in x number of cans. There are many creative things you can do! Click here for Ideas!
- Make a cash donation. Every dollar we collect equals SEVEN MEALS to Second Harvest. Click here.
- Run with Matt Ketterman. 4th annual Run to Fight Hunger Saturday July 5. Run or walk to fight hunger! Goal is $10, 000. #Matts10K
- Got other ideas? Let us know what YOU'RE doing to help battle hunger in our community!
Participating locations will be listed on the PTAA website which will be promoted on all the marketing materials including WXII.
The management company that donates the most will win the Owners Cup Trophy!
What do I have to do when my box is full or the campaign is about to end?
Easy, just call Second Harvest, 784-5770 and they will come pick up the box! Or click here to have PTAA schedule a pick up for you. Then call PTAA at 294-4428 and let us know how many cans/food your community donated so you can be counted towards the total!
vs Myrtle Beach Pelicans
July 17th, 7pm
Reserve tickets Now!
vs Hickory Crawdads
July 18th, 7pm
Tickets are $35 each
Reserve tickets Now!
- Each ticket is for the Party Deck, food and beverage
- Reserve your tickets now, pick them up from the PTAA table on the day of the game!
- No-shows will still be billed.
- Please bring non-perishable food items to each game to help end hunger in the Triad. Together we make a difference!
Food Drive Donation Drop-Off Locations:
Click here for map of communities where you can donate!