Want the flyer to print out and put near your collection box? Click here!
We have boxes in 70+ communities Triad-wide!
How can you participate?
- Purchase tickets from PTAA for one (or both) of the baseball games! It's PTAA night at the ballparks, Fill the Stands with Cans! July 19th we’ll be at the Greensboro Grasshoppers, July 26th at the Winston Salem Dash! Fireworks after the games! You can purchase tickets for your staff for a fun association night at the ball park or purchase tickets for your residents! A fun idea is to use the tickets as an incentive, referral, food collection, anything you can think of. Grasshoppers tickets are $7 and $2 from each ticket sold will be donated to Second Harvest (Buy tickets from PTAA for this deal!) Dash tickets are $10 and comes with a full meal! We can bill you for as many tickets as you’d like!
- Place a collection box in your clubhouse! To sign up to be a drop off location, just call 294-4428 and a Food Drive volunteer will deliver a collection box. We will also provide you with a poster (size 8 ½ x 11 of the attached visual so that you can place on the box or in your clubhouse. (You can also print your own version here.)
- Conduct a friendly food drive competition to get residents to donate. Free gift cards, reduced rent for a month, waive the application fee for prospects that bring in x number of cans. There are many creative things you can do! Click here for Ideas!
- Make a cash donation. Every $1 we collect counts as 12 cans for Second Harvest!
- Run with Matt Ketterman. 3rd annual Run to Fight Hunger Saturday July 7. Last year they raised enough to supply 60,000 cans of food ($5000 in cash!). This year he's shooting for 100,000 cans ($8,000) Click here.
- Install new counters. Schneider Stone is offering Cans for Counters, for each retail order over $350, Schneider Stone will donate $20 to Second Harvest. Click here.
- Got other ideas? Let us know what YOU'RE doing to help battle hunger in our community!
Participating locations will be listed on the PTAA website which will be promoted on all the marketing materials including WXII.
The management company that donates the most will win the Owners Cup Trophy!
What do I have to do when my box is full or the campaign is about to end?
Easy, just call Second Harvest, 784-5770 and they will come pick up the box! Or click here to have PTAA schedule a pick up for you. Then call PTAA at 294-4428 and let us know how many cans/food your community donated so you can be counted towards the total!
July 19th, 7pm
Tickets are $7 each. $2 per ticket sold will be donated to Second Harvest Food Bank. ** Beverage sponsors needed!! Scroll to bottom of email for info.
Reserve tickets Now!
July 26th, 7pm
Tickets $10/each and includes a full meal!
Reserve tickets Now!
- Reserve your tickets now, pick them up from PTAA the day of the game!
- No-shows will still be billed.
- Please bring non-perishable food items to each game to help end hunger in the Triad. Together we make a difference!
Food Drive Donation Drop-Off Locations:
Click here for map of communities where you can donate!